About Me

Friday 18 April 2014

Good Friday Gardening

So this is how I left the garden on Wednesday... see those big spiky plants just behind the washing line whirligig?  Those are Phormium Tenax apparently, and I hate them.  I just don't understand spiky plants.  They're vicious! 


We sawed them off low down first of all and then the two of us got stuck in to digging the root mass out.  It was HUGE and took us ages.  Here it is once we'd cut it in half (couldn't lift it whole):


Removing roots:



Now we just have to get rid of them...


Lovely big space, I plan to plant my new rose here once it arrives - David Austin Charlotte - a present from my sister for my birthday: http://www.davidaustinroses.com/english/showrose.asp?showr=3111



Unfortunately something is up with our pear tree.  From googling it looks like it is Pear Blister Mite - http://apps.rhs.org.uk/advicesearch/profile.aspx?pid=661 - and apparently just looks ugly but doesn't affect the plant's ability to make fruit.




View from the back of the garden:


First of the French Beans coming through:



PSB doing OK:



View from master bedroom:



View from bedroom 4:



No comments:

Post a Comment